The Sochi 2014 Coin Program is being introduced with the direct participation of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation, "Goznak" FSUE and Sberbank of Russia.
The coins will be released in the following period: 2011 - 2014
The program will see the release of coins made from precious metals (both commemorative and investment), and also coins made from coloured metals. In 2011, the following coins will be released into circulation:
- four silver coins in a series entitled "Modern sports featuring in the Olympic Winter Games", each with a face value of 3 roubles ("Biathlon", "Alpine Skiing", "Figure Skating" and "Ice hockey");
- a gold coin with a face value of 1000 roubles, depicting "Sochi's Flora";
- a silver coin with a face value of 100 roubles and depicting "The Russian Winter";
- two gold coins in the series "Sports dating from the first Olympic Winter Games", with a face value of 50 roubles (depicting Bobsleigh and Curling);
- a coin made from coloured metals, with a face value of 25 roubles, depicting the emblems of the Sochi Games on a background of mountains. This coin will be put into circulation as a cash denomination, with around 10 million such coins being released.
All of the coins made from precious metals will be available in any branch of Sberbank of Russia.
For more detailed information please visit the Bank of Russia's website..