Russian women's curling team
Sochi 2014 Ambassador
“We are overjoyed to be Ambassadors for Sochi 2014, but its double the amount of responsibility: now we represent both a country with a great sports history and a host country of the Olympic Games.”
- 1997 - the Russian women's team wins the European championship in group B, and is entitled to perform the following year in the top division of the European Curling Championships.
- 2000 - the first time the team earns the right to participate in the World Curling Championships.
- 2001 - the team wins the right to participate in the Olympic Winter Games for the first time.
- 2002 - the first victory at the Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City over the Danish team.
- 2006 - the team wins the European Curling Championships.
- 2012 - Russian female curlers repeat the result of 2006 and become a two-time European champion!