- World Earth Day
- World Environment Day
- World Car Free Day
- International Black Sea Action Day
- Popular Ecology Environment Newsletter
- At the stage of Games preparations the Organizers intend
- It is planned to make the following complex arrangements during the Winter Games
- The following items will be practiced in Post-Games period
- Sochi - hospitable city
Fantastic positive potential of the Games allows us to be confident that during the process of Games preparations and staging will be created conditions for enhancing environmental awareness, consciousness and responsibility of public and for developing environmental culture.
Implementation of planned large-scale arrangements related to preparation and delivery of Winter Games of 2014 is unthinkable without regard for public interests and public involvement in this process. Organizers of the Winter Games of 2014 are planning to create conditions for enhancing environmental awareness, consciousness and responsibility of public and for developing environmental culture.
- to ensure participation of the public in the process of discussion on projects of Olympic venues and infrastructure;
- to support environmental initiatives of public environmental protection organizations in Sochi;
- to realize a package of enlightening programs including programs for Sochi children and young people;
- to hold ecological conferences, round-table meetings and fora;
- in cooperation with administrations of educational establishments, to introduce aspects of environment sustainable development into the system of primary, secondary and higher professional education;
- to increase attention to improvement managers’ qualification in key aspects of environmental protection and responsibility for preservation of nature;
- to provide support for enlightenment activities of libraries in Sochi and to realize a program for mass dissemination of educational literature of ecological nature;
- to switch the office of Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee to the mode of resource saving and separatewaste collection;
- to use the whole spectrum of up-to-datemedia technologies in order to advance examples of sustainable development in harmony with environment provided by Winter Games of 2014.
- to publicate regularly environment&sustainability reports showing transparency and accountability of the Games organizers.
- to promote models of ecologically responsible behavior and examples of sustainable development in harmony with nature provided bytheGames;
- sustaining perfect quality environmental management in using and maintaining Olympic facilities demonstrating excellent environmentally efficient technologies of food catering, public services and cleaning;
- Implementation of educational programs and events.
- publication of final report on the results of ecological programs and projects of Sochi 2014;
- transfer of experience in environmentally efficient construction as well as organization and delivery of mass events.
Final report on successful ecological programs drawn up after the 2014 Games should open a new stage in the development of Russian practices of sustainable development in harmony with nature and contribute to formationof continuous interest of public to responsible consumption of resources and respectful attitudes to naturein the Post-Olympic period.
It Is obvious that athletes and guests of Sochi will be assessing success of the 2014 Games on the basis of their own experience of staying In the city — organizer of the Games. Unbiased appraisal of Independent experts, advanced practices of delivery of previous Games and criteria for assessing Impacts of the Games are the main reference points for understanding of the degree of Sochi preparedness to hold the Winter Games of 2014.
Program «Sochi — hospitable city» should ensurethe compliance with the bidding commitments Sochi 2014 In case of the appearance, environment, services and infrastructure of Sochi; step up quality performance in the services sphere to the world level; mobilize residents of the city to create ambiance of hospitality; ensure efficient usage of infrastructure and Olympic venues after the Games.
For this purposeOrganizers of the Games together with the authorities and NGOs shall put every effort to disseminate knowledge, enhance ecological awareness, promote environmentally responsible models of behavior and healthy lifestyle, introduct the incentive system for Sochi residents and guests aimed at popularization of alternative energy sources and modem approaches to waste collection and sorting.
Comprehensive approach to realization of significant improvements in the quality of Sochi environment should mark out this city among other Olympic capitals, confirm its reputation as a favorite recreation place for all Russians as well as lay the basement for further development of Games legacy.