The main objectives which lie ahead of the Russian Olympic project in the field of a "Healthy lifestyle" are:
- Helping to develop mass and professional sport;
- The promotion of a healthy lifestyle;
- The creation of conditions to make it possible for people with disabilities to engage in sport;
- The development of medical support for professional sport;
- Improving the accessibility and quality of medical services during the staging of mass sports events;
- Providing for the health and security of the employees and participants of the mass events.
In order to achieve this, it is necessary to concentrate on tasks such as:
- Making a healthy lifestyle, physical education and mass sport popular;
- Widening the possibilities to take part in mass sport and physical education, especially for children and the youth;
- The staging of large scale entertaining sports events;
- Making healthy eating, stopping smoking and drinking alcohol popular;
- Helping to increase the physical activity of people with disabilities;
- Developing a system of medical services and increasing the quality of medical services provided in the framework of the preparation and staging of the Games;
- Ensuring the observation of normative requirements and obligations in the area of health care and the security of the organizers, guests and participants of the Games.