In the framework of preparation for the Sochi 2014 Games, the Sochi 2014 Education function is engaged in four areas of activity:
- The implementation of the Sochi 2014 Olympic Education System
- Partnership with the Russian International Olympic University
- A program to raise awareness among the population of the Russian Federation about the Paralympic Games and Paralympic Values
- Youth programs
The education calendar is synchronized with the international Olympic calender:
- Beijing Games 2008 - Vancouver Games 2010: development of educational methodology
- Vancouver Games 2010 - London Games 2012: the creation and local testing of educational materials in Sochi and the Krasnodar region
- London Games 2012 - Sochi Games 2014: the mass integration of educational materials in the regions of the Russian Federation
Thus, having finished creating and testing the various lines of Sochi 2014 educational material in Sochi and the Krasnodar Region, Sochi 2014 Education is now entering the most active phase of its work, which also has the biggest scope: it will take place right throughout the country.
The campaign to introduce the Sochi 2014 educational programs will not end with the 2014 Games. The key result of our combined work will be the submission to the ROC of new methodical technologies and educational material, for which we expect there to be much demand in those of the ROC's activities which are aimed at developing Olympic education and promoting the values of sport in Russia, first and foremost - among young people.